Use this method for some of your learner steak cuts like London Broil... anything you're afraid is going to be tough. This is not something you want to do on one of our lightly marbled Ribeye or New York Strip steaks! :)
This is my wife's way for lean, cheap steaks, so I'll admit prejudice!
- Lay the lean steak in a baking pan.
- Put enough water in the pan to cover the pan bottom about ½ inch but without submerging the steak.
- Sprinkle the steak with your choice of favorite seasonings.
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours.
- Pick up and eat steak with fingers letting juice drip off elbows.
Actually this last step isn't part of my wife's way! :-)
All the best, Farmer Edwin