- 2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 cup Van der Goude, shredded – Have fun experimenting with this second cheese to create your own unique combination of Cheese Fondue!
- 3 tbsp. Einkorn flour
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/8 tsp. lemon juice (important, don't leave out)
- 1 tbsp. garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- dash of paprika
- In a sauce pan or fondue pot combine broth, flour, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Slowly incorporate the cheese in small handfuls.
- Stir constantly with an S-shaped motion to prevent sticking.
- When cheese is melted and barely beginning to simmer add the remaining spices.
- Move immediately to fondue stand with flame below.
- Serve with your favorite dippers. Your imagination is the only limit! Try Sourdough bread cubes, Bacon, steamed or fresh veggies like, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower, Sausage balls, or roasted potatoes.
- The consistency should be like warm honey. If you don't have a fondue pot you can reheat it a minute or two on the stovetop.
- Add more or less cheese and salt or pepper to your liking.
- Experiment with your favorite kinds of cheese. Swiss is another popular fondue cheese.
-- Mrs. Wesley