January 11, 2023 • 0 comments
This stromboli recipe is as customizable as any pizza. I like to add sauteed mushrooms, black olives, extra onions, or cubed ham depending on what ingredients I have on hand and what I'm hungry for at the moment. :)
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 3-4
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 1/2 cups flour (you can use einkorn flour)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 lb. ground beef, browned (or Ancestral Ground Beef Organ Blend)
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup olives, sliced
- sliced peperoni
- grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 cup pizza cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a small bowl whisk together water, yeast, oil, and honey.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes till the yeast is activated and foamy.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour and seasonings.
- Add yeast mixture and mix till combined.
- Knead until the dough forms a smooth ball.
- Place in a greased bowl and cover.
- Allow to rise for 1/2 an hour to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Grease a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Sprinkle flour on countertop and roll out the dough into a large rectangle. Approx. 15"x 12".
- Layer the toppings in order given on the lower half of the dough.
- Fold the top half over and pinch the edges together to seal.
- Slash the top diagonally with a knife 3-4 times.
- Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes till lightly browned.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
Cook's tips: This recipe is as customizable as any pizza. Often I use our pizza cheese blend since it has extra spices but if it don't have a pack on hand it's not a critical part of the recipe... I'll just use more shredded white cheddar and add some Italian seasoning. I also like to add sauteed mushrooms, black olives, extra onions, or cubed ham depending on what ingredients I have on hand and what I'm hungry for at the moment. :)
~ Wesley & Kaylita