Cream of Mushroom Soup
August 4, 2022 • 0 comments
Rich and creamy, this Mushroom Soup is a great appetizer for you meal. Or, if you have a recipe that calls for it, use this instead of store bought. If you don't trust the ingredients in canned Cream of Mushroom, here's the perfect fix. A clean and delicious recipe that is easy to put together!
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 3
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz. Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. thyme, dried
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 1/2 cup flour (You could use Einkorn flour)
- 2 cups Chicken Bone broth
- 1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup of Raw Cow Milk
- Heat butter and oil in a saucepan.
- Sauté onion on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes til tender.
- Add garlic and cook til fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in wine and cook for 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour and broth together until there are no lumps.
- Stir the broth into the sauce pan. Mix well and lower heat to medium low.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally til thickened.
- Pour in milk and simmer for a minute or two before removing from heat.
If you don't have Cream of Mushroom Soup on hand or don't like what is in the canned soup, here's the fix for it. Whip up a batch of this and use as much as you need in your recipe. Yield is 2 1/2 to 3 cups.