- 1 lb. ground pork
- 16 oz. pork broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (or substitute with our Einkorn Wheat Flour)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the ground pork. Then blend it in a food processor or blender until it’s a very fine texture.
- Bring the meat, broth and water to a boil in a 2 quart kettle.
- Mix the flour and 3/4 cup water together.
- Add the flour mixture and salt and pepper to the meat mixture, stirring well.
- Sprinkle the cornmeal slowly into the meat mixture, stirring constantly.
- This will be a thick mixture.
- Turn the temperature down and continue to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often!
- Stir and scrape often to keep it from sticking fast to the bottom of your kettle.
- Pour the scrapple mixture into a bread pan.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight or up to several days.
- Run a knife around the edge of your pan to loosen.
- Then dump out and slice into 1/4 inch slices. (If you don't want to use it all at once go ahead and freeze some for later)
- Fry until browned on both sides and serve with eggs!