October 13, 2022 • 0 comments
Almost any recipe made with truly pastured chicken is deluxe... But this one is more so. :) The chicken leg is tender and full of flavor. The rich sauce as a gravy complements a side of rice or Hasselback potatoes perfectly.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4
1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp. seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ranch powder mix
- 1 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
Sauce / Gravy
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup Cream of Mushroom Soup (the link is my homemade healthy version)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Stir the flour mixture together in a small bowl.
- Roll the chicken legs in the mixture and place in a 9"x 13" baking pan.
- Melt the 1/4 cup of butter and pour over the chicken.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- For the Sauce, sauté the onions in the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the flour and whisk til bubbly.
- Add the broth, water, Cream of Mushroom Soup, and sour cream.
- After the chicken has baked for 45 minutes, remove from the oven and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour.
~ Wesley & Kaylita