We love to use Chicken Stock as a base for this soup.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons natural chicken-style seasoning* (recipe below)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Melt together and add:
- 4 – 6 cups cooked, diced potatoes
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- Heat all together and serve.
It’s delicious on a cold, winter day and so nourishing it boosts the immune system too!
Natural Chicken–Style Seasoning:
To store in your freezer for a quick addition to lots of recipes. This is an excellent replacement for the popular Chicken Bouillon with its artificial ingredients.
- 3 cups Nutritional Yeast Flakes (You may need to go to your health food store for this. I got mine at Miller’s Natural Foods in Lancaster.)
- 7 teaspoons dry bell pepper or dry vegetable flakes
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Celtic sea salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 9 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 4 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 1/4 teaspoons marjoram
- Blend all ingredients together and store in a tightly covered container. I store mine in the freezer for maximum freshness. It'll keep this way for a year or more if you don't like soup as well as we do. :) This is also great for adding flavor to your gravies made from chicken broth.
Best wishes to you all for a wonderful, healthy year!
~The Farmer's Wife