- Heat grill to 450 degrees.
- Cut the filet into 3-4 portions.
- Generously coat both sides of the salmon with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Grill with the skin side down over direct heat with the lid down.
- Grill for 5-7 minutes till the salmon is firm and lighter in color.
- Flip the Salmon over and grill with the lid closed for 1-3 minutes until it reaches 140 degrees for medium doneness.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest on a platter for several minutes.
- Remove the skin and squeeze fresh lemon juice over each portion.