- 1 chuck roast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Chipotle pepper canned in adobo sauce… 1 pepper gives a mild spice, if you want more heat; use 3 peppers. (For a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce substitute, you can also use 1 tsp. smoked paprika with a little ketchup or tomato sauce in place of one pepper.)
- 4 oz. diced green chiles (optional)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 12 corn tortillas
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- pico de gallo (see recipe at bottom of page)
- shredded cheese
- avocado, diced
- lime wedges
- Season the beef generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high with a tbsp of olive oil.
- Cut beef roast into 3-4 large chunks.
- Sear in skillet, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place the beef in a slow cooker with chipotle Peppers/smoked paprika, diced green chili, diced onion, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, dried oregano, ground cloves, beef broth, 2 bay leaves, and 5 garlic cloves smashed.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours until the roast is tender and easily pulls apart.
- Remove the beef and place in a serving bowl.
- Shred the beef using two forks.
- Before serving add more salt to taste.
- Layer corn tortillas with meat and toppings of your choice.
- Devour Immediately!
Pico de Gallo (Makes 2 cups)
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lime (1tbsp.)