- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- ¼ cup. White wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice.
- Heat butter and olive oil in heavy skillet.
- Add shallots and cook til softened, about 3-5 min.
- Add garlic and cook til fragrant about 1 min
- Pour in broth and water and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in white wine vinegar and cook and additional 2 min.
- Add mustard and milk and bring to a boil
- Stir in lemon juice and pepper and cook over medium high til slightly thickened about 4-5 min
- Place ham steak in a baking dish and pour mustard sauce over the steak. Cover with foil. Bake ham steak for 2 hours.
Wesley & I love pastured ham steaks made with this Shallot Mustard Sauce. It pairs well with any cut of ham or even pork chops and ribs for that matter.
Give it a try and let us know what you think! :)