This is our absolute favorite chicken meal. It works well for whole chickens and chicken parts of any kind.
- Put your whole thawed chicken (or chicken parts) in a roast pan or baking pan.
- Melt 4 Tablespoons of butter
- Add 2 Teaspoons of salt to butter
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar plus any herbs you like, and pour or brush this mixture over the chicken.
- Sprinkle 1-2 cups of uncooked rice around the chicken. (2 cups serve approximately 8 people.)
- Sprinkle the rice with additional salt, pepper and seasonings.
- Pour 3 cups of water over rice.
- Cover with the roaster lid or cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350° for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours the chicken will be tender enough to easily fork apart.
NOTE: To do this recipe justice, you really need a soy-free, organically pastured chicken. The juices of the cooked chicken makes outstandingly flavorful rice!